Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trybes - Running Out crw mix
Drums were certainly a challenge, specifically the snare in the verse parts. If you can tell I used a bit of drum replacement on a parallel duplicate snare track and blended it in with the original, adds a bit more depth and character. Still sounds thin though. Really tried to dial in the low end but it might be a tad boomy still
Mix still has a few issues i'll be fixing later, really enjoyed this one

.mp3    Trybes - Running Out MP3 Master 1 May 2022.mp3 --  (Download: 7.95 MB)

The replaced snares have a nice snap to them, sounds like its being pushed and distorting a bit though overall. The low end is a bit boomy theres alot in the multis on the drums to remove.
Hi!

Liking the low end! I went with a different kick to add low end. I think it works a lot better with the bass as you've done here. That Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa track - Sweetest pie might be a good ref, as it has that big low end bass, with the rest of the track making way for it.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Gave this another shot...borrowed dna mx's vocal eq idea..ended up kind of cheesy but it seems to work ok
-
Really tried to tighten up the low end on this and be less boomy, added some saturation and a distressor to the bass to get it to stand out and stay up in the mix consistently... played around with the vocals, doubled the lead and ran it through a subtle delay to get more vocal width in the chorus section..
-
tweaked the master bus compressor attack and release times to get it to work with the rhythm of the song better.. everything in the 1st mix was so far overcompressed so I dialed it back a ton
-
Also, somehow forgot the 7th vocal fx track on my original

.mp3    Trybes - Running Out Master 4 May 2022.mp3 --  (Download: 7.95 MB)

Sounds alot better now mate not so harsh, the low end is still struggling to come through a bit, the softer sounding bass for me isnt a problem on this track but the kick being a bit invisible would be. The chorus vocals sound great, i wouldnt pan them though persoanlly. I dont think the vocals are too loud they are nice and up front.