Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Candlebox - Happy Pills (Mixed and Mastered by Daumantas B.)
Hello [Image: smile.gif]
My name is Daumantas. I'm from Lithuania.

I love making mixes as a hobby, still pretty new at it. I dream about making some money out of it in the future. Willing to do some free mixes if anyone is interested. Trying to learn everyday about mixing/mastering on youtube, etc.

My second mix on this website.

I always wanted to mix this live version of "Happy Pills", and finally made it. All tracks a pretty simple, just had to do some editing before I put everything into mixer. I deleted room track completely and decided to create it through reverb, did some vocal correction, and blended triggers on kick and snare. I tried to make it more like a studio version and not the live one.

I'll include a mixed version, and mastered one (mastering is not the thing I focus on the most, but still tried to do one)

Feel free to a response, I really want to improve and get better.
Thank you and have a good listen [Image: smile.gif]))

Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/DY2Lr6cRUCg

.mp3    Candlebox_Happy Pills (Mixed by Daumantas B.)_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.89 MB)

.mp3    Candlebox - Happy Pills (Mixed and Mastered by Daumantas B.)_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

Hi Daumantas,

Nice job! Very good job getting some separation, all instruments have their own separated pockets, very nice. Nice overall Frequency balance. Nice snare sound considering what comes from the mics Smile. The master adds a nice drive in the low-mid range.

Cheers,

Bart