Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Cage (crissmichaels Mix)
Here's my mix and master of this song. I really like this one and can't wait to work on the other one they have here!

The signal chains on everything is pretty simple, just EQ and compressor on the tracks. I used Raum for reverb and delay on drums, clean guitars, and vocals and a de-esser on the vox tracks, but that's it. For mastering, it's ReaComp (Master Bus NY Comp preset) into Ozone 8 Elements. I like how this turned out, and I don't usually like my own mixes all that much.

I'll probably end up going back and adding some automation to really make the chorus pop and get the breakdown sounding heavier. Anyway, let me know what y'all think, and where I could make some changes in your opinion.

.mp3    Cage MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.94 MB)

Here's the second mix of this song. Some volume adjustments and automation really made this song stand out. 
Let me know what you think of this version.

.mp3    Cage V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.79 MB)

Hi there!
The tone of the clean guitars on the first verse is just perfect, I was chasing something like that when I tried mixing this song. Also, the vocal effects are very tasty and on point.
On the other hand I feel like the mix has been squashed too hard to the point where the overall dynamics of the song are affected, I kinda hear the music pump whenever the vocals comes in.
Hope this helps