Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laminar Flow: 'Headspace'_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel Angel Angel

Man, the lead singer sounds like Jack Bruce from the band "Cream" from back in the 70's!!!! Now, if Cream had access to all the cool stuff we do today, then that is what I tried to imagine when I mixed this. I imagined Cream doing this song with endless tracks and goodies available. I think they recorded on a 16-track tape deck back then....maybe a 24.....maybe only an 8!!! I'm not sure. Hope "ya'll" like it as they say in the south.
Peace,
Tom 
P.S. Just some of my thoughts: Yes I know the lead vocal is on the louder side. I did this purposely as this song is about the lyrics and they must be heard. If you listen to "country" music (modern) the lead and other vocals are very up front. I think this is important for any genre. Just my humble opinion. The drums are also quite up front but I like that too. I'm also not crazy about super wide mixes and this is not too narrow, per se, but it is not by any means super wide. I think it's wide enough. Too wide and it sounds unnatural and it doesn't translate well to mono. Again, IMHO. :-)

.mp3    HeadSpace_7M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hey bro nice work. It is fairly narrow and the vox a bit loud, but it was what you were aiming for. Rhythm guitars sound a bit phasey... was that on purpose, or do you want to go back and check phases on the guitar tracks you selected ?