Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laminar Flow - Headspace (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this fine song. Thanks for listening. Cheers!

.mp3    The Laminar Flow - Headspace.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

Hi!

This is sounding a little too squashed/reverby to me I think???

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(24-04-2022, 02:58 PM)heinim Wrote: My take on this fine song. Thanks for listening. Cheers!

That's a good balanced mix. With the reverb it gets a bit of a live character, so for my taste not too much reverb if it wanted that way.
only the drums have a bit too much saturation for me, but it is a question of taste.
Nice mix Smile I like the squashed sound, makes it sounding like a song and not a "try to mix it sound".
(25-04-2022, 03:51 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

This is sounding a little too squashed/reverby to me I think???

Cheers!
Hi mikej! Thanks for the feedback. I did a bit more reverb on this one to try to get a more live 80's feeling but maybe overdid it. Anyway, thanks. Cheers!
(25-04-2022, 04:14 PM)GP-Mix Wrote:
(24-04-2022, 02:58 PM)heinim Wrote: My take on this fine song. Thanks for listening. Cheers!

That's a good balanced mix. With the reverb it gets a bit of a live character, so for my taste not too much reverb if it wanted that way.
only the drums have a bit too much saturation for me, but it is a question of taste.
Hi GP-Mix! Many thanks for the comments. Yes, I did add some slight saturation on the drums to try to get the sound I wanted. Maybe I added too much. Anyway, thanks. Cheers!
(25-04-2022, 06:00 PM)crownoise Wrote: Nice mix Smile I like the squashed sound, makes it sounding like a song and not a "try to mix it sound".
Hi crownoise! Many thanks for that. Cheers!