Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laminar Flow - Headspace mix by NotJack
Here's my take on this. This is a catchy one! I was going for a bit of an 80s vibe, hope you enjoy. All crits and comments are welcome.

.mp3    The Laminar Flow - Headspace Mix by Jack H.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

.mp3    The Laminar Flow - Headspace Mix by Jack H revision.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
Hi!

Pretty good! Nice balance and tones.

- I do feel I am perhaps missing some delays on the guitars and vocals though? It kind of sounds too clean!!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(23-04-2022, 05:41 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Pretty good!  Nice balance and tones. 

- I do feel I am perhaps missing some delays on the guitars and vocals though? It kind of sounds too clean!! 

Cheers!

Thanks Mike, I see what you're saying, I made some tweaks and updated the mix in the original post. Added some slap to the vocals and rhythm guitar, brought up the reverb on the vocals, and tweaked a few things here and there. Also brought the vocals down a hair to let them sit better. I think your advice has helped a quite bit. Thanks again!
Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
The second one contains nice dynamics in the guitar, like the more poppy /rocky guitar on that one.
Hi!

I still think you could maybe push it some more, with reference to the released mix!

Might be worth checking out: The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary; Judas Priest - Live at the Seminole Arena; Def Leppard - Photograph, etc; Iron Maiden - Cannot Play With Madness;

Cheers!

Edit: Great live version of The Cult track here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANQj_ppku9o
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!