Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Are The One Mix
Thank you in advance for your time. Any and all feedback appreciated.

.mp3    You AreThe One Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 15.79 MB)

(25-03-2014, 06:33 PM)mnoor Wrote: Any and all feedback appreciated.

This is pretty decent! I like it! Smile I particularly appreciate the fact that you've made a solid attempt to address the technical problems in the source material. Some people are mixing these tracks as is, which I think is a huge mistake since they're full of print-through and have significant high frequency rolloff. You even managed to give that acoustic guitar some life! I suspect it'd be even better if you give it a little kick at 4800 Hz. Wink Love the echo you've got going on the electric guitar, too! Nice!

I only have two significant quibbles. First, your two electric guitars kinda "collide" unpleasantly at 0:55; you might try panning them away from each other a little so they don't intrude on each other's space (and it'd give the mix a little more stereo spread in the process). Second, while I love the reverb effect you used on the vocals I feel it was laid on a wee bit thick; I'd dial it back quite a bit.

You have the makings of a good solid mix here, not an easy thing to do with this material. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
i agree with Pedaling prince, too much reverb on vocals, they sound like grand canyon. the mix is very interesting and (in my opinion) there are too much "mid frequencies" and "less bottom" however, balance is very very good!!
cheers
Recording engineer David Williams said, “It’s quite ironic: We got rid of our
analog equipment, replaced it with digital, then spent the next couple
of decades trying to get the digital to sound like the analog we
got rid of.”