Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crownoise - Headspace
Fun mix and nice song! This is mine:

.mp3    Headspace.mp3 --  (Download: 9.41 MB)

Hi!

The guitar phaser effect is really cool. I feel it might be worth using it just for the intro and possibly the choruses though to give some extra contrast between parts?

The kick cuts through nicely and has some nice weight. Vocal sounds a bit too much like it’s coming from the bottom of a bucket or something though? Possibly too much reverb there?

I do feel you perhaps need to think a little more in terms of how much room things are taking up in the mix relative to each other, certainly frequency wise, and try and get each element in it’s own spot as it were? I feel everything is kind of on top of each other here. Might also be worth trying adding a bit more top end to some of the elements too (6-8k ish maybe?) as the mix does sound a bit on the dull and muddy side to me?

If you check the session for Mike’s mix, I feel there isn’t actually that much going on eq processing wise as the recording is really good. It’s more rolling off of the lows on the guitar and bass, or ensuring the mids of the bass cut through - kind of doing just enough to get all the parts working together nicely.

I do like checking out your mixes as there’s always something creative going on. I don’t know about you, but I do find mixing rock and metal really tough.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Cool Phase effect on the guitar, like it and a good mix. Only a bit small and the fact that every instrument seems to be in a different room.
Very bold mix. I can’t believe but it really works