Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Library Preview Mix
Download the multitracks here.

.mp3    Headspace_Full_Preview.mp3 --  (Download: 5.56 MB)

This is awesome!!! A complete masterclass all round.

Many thanks to Mike and the band for this.

Cheers!!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey , I think the DI track for Gtr01 DT is missing, please correct me if Im wrong here.
Yeah, I don't see a Gtr01 DT DI track. Of course, I don't know how that DT track was created though.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(22-04-2022, 11:53 AM)mikej Wrote: Yeah, I don't see a Gtr01 DT DI track.  Of course, I don't know how that DT track was created though.

Cheer!
DT = doubletrack (second track run through of the same part, different guitar, different amp) ?
Yes... I don't know if the GT01 DT DI track is actually missing, or whether the GT01 DT track was created by running the original DI track through a different amp, or whatever... Have to wait for Mike on that one!

Cheers!
Could be the case although I don't think mike would take such a shortcut or maybe he wasn't the engineer. Cheers!
(22-04-2022, 05:29 PM)mikej Wrote: Yes... I don't know if the GT01 DT DI track is actually missing, or whether the GT01 DT track was created by running the original DI track through a different amp, or whatever... Have to wait for Mike on that one!

Hi folks -- sorry didn't see these replies till just now. The OP is right that I didn't record this project, the band did. Although, I have to say, they did a pretty good job of it, in my opinion. My only criticism really is that I think they actually left too many decisions for the mix engineer to make, rather than committing to a sound for themselves. The upside, however, from a learning perspective is that you get as many options as you could ever want in terms of redefining the guitar sound!

As for the missing DI, that was just a tracking mistake -- they forgot to record the DI track just for that part.

And, yes, DT is my track-naming shorthand for 'double-track', and means that essentially the same musical part has been performed and recorded a second time alongside the first pass.

Mike S.