Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trybes - Running Out
Hi!

My mix.

Cheers!

.mp3    Trybes - Running Out.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
wasnt expecting that! very creative, im not sure delay works on the vocals in this for me. The hats are very quiet which i think is a shame.
Hi!

Thanks for the listen!

You could be right that I missed something regarding the hats. I think I will try another version with them a little more up in the mix. I quite like the vocal delays though!

I couldn't seem to get enough 'oomph' (punch? weight?) out of this one somehow. I blended in a low octave to the vocal to try and fill that out a bit. I pushed it up a touch at 2:45 where you can just about hear it. I added a more clubby kick sample, and programmed in a synth sub bass part. I put a volume filter on one of the synths for a bit more movement. I think I might have added the odd effect sample too. I probably should have just added a really big 808 bass and 808 clap though!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(20-04-2022, 10:17 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

My mix.

Cheers!
Love the remix Mike. Creative and it fits. Turn the hats up!! Tongue
Man, nice job. very cretive mix you did. Just noting much to say. Only that the chorus feels to me that need to be a bit cleaner but you got it.
Cheers!
Hey there!

Thanks for checking it out. I remember I spent quite some time attempting to crack this one, and couldn't quite get it to where I wanted it. For me I feel it's quite a tricky vocal delivery to mix? I really haven't figured out the secret yet to get it all working.

For me vocal doesn't quite match up to the power of the instrumental backing, and it seems tricky to get it there. Maybe I need to play around with saturation and eq or something a bit more.

I feel the same about the library mix of the 'This Town' track on here too. The vocal on that seems to kind of trail off into the backing track at the end of each phrase, and again doesn't seem to quite have the power to keep up with the backing track. I'm not quite sure how to fix that in the mix yet - which put me off trying that one. Might just be my taste though I suppose. I do think the tracks and concepts themselves are excellent though. I just can't figure out the vocals! Frustrating.

Yeah, I agree with you regarding the chorus. Looking at the waveform I think all the levels need dialling back a bit so I can give the chorus sections more of a volume boost relative to the verses - and also give it a bit of breathing room and not hit the limiter so much.

Cheers!
(29-06-2022, 09:22 PM)mikej Wrote: Hey there!

Thanks for checking it out.  I remember I spent quite some time attempting to crack this one...
If i can say something, i think the firts move has to be un-maskin' the elements before add fx's and also have in mind that plugins plays with phase (probably you know this already, just trying to give my best "advices") , cleanning the elemens and panning opens ,to me, the vocals and puts them in the spot. After that i find the moment to star to adding stuff and fx's. Actually the vox sounds a bit sweet and calm but yeah a bit quiet. A challenge mix to have fun.
Cheers pal!