Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trybes - Running Out (DNA MX Mix&Master)
Here is my mix, any comment is welcome

Cheers!!!!

.mp3    Trybes - Running Out.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

Sounds great my end mate, i really like the percussion its so alive, the only thing i could pick at is for me the vocal delays dont fit the song. Did you use any triggers on the drums?
Hi Y's Man, How do you feel after Covid??? everything is ok??

"Sounds great my end mate, i really like the percussion its so alive"
Thaks mate, I'm glad that you liked it

"he only thing i could pick at is for me the vocal delays dont fit the song"
I just relistened to the song and some times delays become like a distracting factor than a musical factor, Next time will be more careful.

"Did you use any triggers on the drums? "
No, They are the original tracks.

Thanx mate for your opinion and time I really apreciate it, and keep it up

Cheers!!!
Agree with the comments on the percussion. Nice job!

One thing that was a little distracting was the "Guess I should have know better!". I know what you were after, but the distortion was too harsh for my taste and doesn't seem to settle in with the otherwise very rich sound.

You give me something to work towards!!!
Hi Dave how are you???

"Agree with the comments on the percussion. Nice job!"
Thanx mate.

"One thing that was a little distracting was the "Guess I should have know better!". I know what you were after, but the distortion was too harsh for my taste and doesn't seem to settle in with the otherwise very rich sound."

I decided to do that distorion based on the original mix, And probably you're right, I mix with hedphones and in that range I'll be careful with this kind of distotion on the future.

Thanks for your comments, Cheers!!!!
(17-04-2022, 03:47 AM)dna mx Wrote: Here is my mix, any comment is welcome

Cheers!!!!
Great mix. I see what you were going for on the "guess I should know better" vocal, perhaps a other-end-of-the-phone sound? I like the idea, maybe a bit much distortion. If that was the goal maybe you might have a preset in one of your eq's that gives that exact effect. I might steal your idea and try it on the mix revision I'm working on right now, I'll give you full credit for the idea Big Grin Wasn't digging the vocal reverb but it grew on me. Drums and bass live together nicely, good punchy mix.
Thanx crw2020 for your comment

"perhaps a other-end-of-the-phone sound? I like the idea, maybe a bit much distortion."
"If that was the goal maybe you might have a preset in one of your eq's that gives that exact effect"

Yes. In fact I used the Phone preset on the Fabfilter pro-q 2 only I did some tweaks on the parameters reducing the gain on those 3 bells and expanding the range between the cuts. And yeah the distortion is too much.

"I'll give you full credit for the idea "

Thanx men jajajajaja

And thank you again crw2020 for your comment and time I'm Glad that you like my mix