Our Good Wolf - Tourism
Hi,

here is my try on this mix.

Please let me know, ty!

Phil

Edit: second version, less weird I hope 

Edit: version 3
Edit: version 4

.mp3    OurGoodWolf_Tourism.mp3 --  (Download: 9.97 MB)

.mp3    OurGoodWolf_Tourism-002.mp3 --  (Download: 9.97 MB)

.mp3    OurGoodWolf_Tourism-003.mp3 --  (Download: 9.97 MB)

.mp3    OurGoodWolf_Tourism-004.mp3 --  (Download: 9.75 MB)

I have to admit, this feels weird to me. The vocals are up front and most of the other parts are way in the back. It sounds very 'phase-y'. I'm wondering if there was some error in how it was bounced?
(15-04-2022, 12:11 AM)roy Wrote: I have to admit, this feels weird to me. The vocals are up front and most of the other parts are way in the back. It sounds very 'phase-y'. I'm wondering if there was some error in how it was bounced?
thank you Roy. You are right, it is weird, I was trying tape mello on master bus, definitely not a good idea  Confused

I'm posting a second version, better I hope. Well, I think it is better, but may be it is not better enough   Rolleyes

I'm trying to listen other people mixes (not only for this song), I'm sorry if do not comment much, but I'm still learning, in most of cases my comment could be be just "ummm I like it" or "I don't like it so much".

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate any feedback.
I'll check out the other version when I can.

As far as commenting, it's fine. All (ok, most) comments and critiques are valid if posted in good faith. Even if you're still learning (we all are) you do have an idea if a mix works or not and if it will connect with a listener.

Ciao.
The new one does sound alot better, the piano is very harsh, definately a step in the right direction, the best reference for this track is the library preview in my opinion
thank you Y's Man. To be honest I didn't search for a reference (may be I will).
Reading the comments on this thread's song I somehow agree with Monk regarding the fact the tracks are already processed, that make "uneasy" to mix them in a free way.
I tried this mix because it sounded a nice and "easy" song, but it is not like that (easy). Well, it could be (easy), but you have to stay on track Smile
(15-04-2022, 12:39 PM)phil_basement Wrote: thank you Y's Man. To be honest I didn't search for a reference (may be I will).
Reading the comments on this thread's song I somehow agree with Monk regarding the fact the tracks are already processed, that make "uneasy" to mix them in a free way.
I tried this mix because it sounded a nice and "easy" song, but it is not like that (easy). Well, it could be (easy), but you have to stay on track Smile
some are and some are bad quality but i dont see that making them uneasy,personally its a bonus learning to mix with the variety they have here and find any shared tracks generous and am grateful
(15-04-2022, 12:48 PM)Ys Man Wrote:
(15-04-2022, 12:39 PM)phil_basement Wrote: thank you Y's Man. To be honest I didn't search for a reference (may be I will).
some are and some are bad quality but i dont see that making them uneasy,personally its a bonus learning to mix with the variety they have here and find any shared tracks generous and am grateful
I didn't mean in any way that I'm not grateful. I really appreciate all the people that make this sharing possible.
For the record, I'm not convinced that the tracks were already processed. I'd assume if that were true they'd edit out the leakage and odd punches and all that. It was recorded somewhat live and you can hear the bass player clicking on pedals and all that. Stuff was done on the fly, definitely. As far as processing after the fact, I'm not convinced. Though, in the end, it doesn't much matter. Mix what you're given.
Hi!

Listening to mix 003...

Guitar delay might be just a touch strong for my taste, but that's probably just me. Saying that, it does add to the live feel of this track. No complaints otherwise! Keep at it!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!