Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trybes MonKEd
Hands up if you are on the way to suffering from hearing loss and don't know it yet

Practise makes perfect? Not if you can't hear, but don't know it yet. You will in time when the condition gets so bad.  By then it will be too late to do anything about it. What a waste of life all that practising and money spent on tips and tricks it would turn out to be.

People are already high risk without being involved in music. If you are involved, then you are potentially in BIG trouble. Headphones and buds multiply the risk factors, so inform yourselves.

I can hear sufferer's issues in their mp3's.....they won't, and statistically, neither will many in this high risk user group.

Take care of yourself, and others. Wink If you don't, you are aiding their hearing loss by not flagging up potential issues so they can get checked out professionally.

What does this have to do with mix-mastering? Everything, yeah?

[Image: mls-infographic.jpg?sfvrsn=94bceb43_5]

.m4a    Trybes MonKEd.m4a --  (Download: 11.3 MB)

So you seem to think you deserve a grammy for what you do? you basically remix everything badly, it shows a big lack of respect for the original work, make your own songs why come "hear" thinking you can improve everybody elses ideas? my guess is you struggle to make loudness count so instead of learning you go militant about hearing loss. You are a legend in your own mind. I would say most successful people in the industry may suffer some form of hearing loss especially rock bands it comes with the territory.
Yeah, Y's Man, we've all been down this road before. I get the frustration and venting and you're right but there's nothing to be gained. I'll recommend using the ignore button for your own mental health. Don't feed the trolls and let's raise the signal to noise ratio on the forum.

Cheers.
(15-04-2022, 11:41 AM)roy Wrote: Yeah, Y's Man, we've all been down this road before. I get the frustration and venting and you're right but there's nothing to be gained. I'll recommend using the ignore button for your own mental health. Don't feed the trolls and let's raise the signal to noise ratio on the forum.

Cheers.
The thing is this puts people off, when i first came here i thought great a place where people give critique and help each other, but it turns out its mostly dead except a certain few good people, and nobody reviews each other because egomaniacs like this just take every critique so badly. Also beginners might believe that he is as good as he thinks he is and give up because they dont sound as bad and stop believing their own ears.
(15-04-2022, 11:46 AM)Ys Man Wrote:
(15-04-2022, 11:41 AM)roy Wrote: Yeah, Y's Man, we've all been down this road before. I get the frustration and venting and you're right but there's nothing to be gained. I'll recommend using the ignore button for your own mental health. Don't feed the trolls and let's raise the signal to noise ratio on the forum.

Cheers.
The thing is this puts people off, when i first came here i thought great a place where people give critique and help each other, but it turns out its mostly dead except a certain few good people, and nobody reviews each other because egomaniacs like this just take every critique so badly. Also beginners might believe that he is as good as he thinks he is and give up because they dont sound as bad and stop believing their own ears.
That's all valid. I can't argue any of that. I get your frustration and I'm sure it's what a lot of people on here feel. I'm not that active n the forum for a lot of the same reasons. I can't do much myself but I'll talk to the other mods and send a post to Mike Senior and maybe there's some way to improve things on the forum and increase more positive interactions.
Hi All,

(15-04-2022, 11:54 AM)roy Wrote: The thing is this puts people off, when i first came here i thought great a place where people give critique and help each other, but it turns out its mostly dead except a certain few good people, and nobody reviews each other because egomaniacs like this just take every critique so badly. Also beginners might believe that he is as good as he thinks he is and give up because they dont sound as bad and stop believing their own ears.

I understand the frustration, and in a general sense I've done what I can to promote a positive atmosphere here and discourage the worst of the trolling. As you say, there are 'a few good people' who get the concept of what this forum is about, and I think the best thing any of us can do is simply be one of those good people, and avoid antagonistic language and personal attacks that needlessly inflame conversations.

I agree that I would rather not discourage beginners, and for my own part I always do my best not to. However, in our 'post truth' era, no-one can excape the necessary task of evaluating the validity/agenda of any given source of critique -- whether that source is you, me, monk, or anyone else. So if we as moderators try to protect beginners from facing such choices (and learning from them), we potentially do them a disservice, in my view. Dealing with mix feedback in any real-world mixing situation is difficult and messy, as much as I'd prefer it wasn't, and trying to avoid that reality in this forum feels like it would be a King Canute-like task for any of us!  Big Grin
(15-04-2022, 11:12 AM)Monk Wrote: Hands up if you are on the way to suffering from hearing loss and don't know it yet

Practise makes perfect? Not if you can't hear, but don't know it yet. You will in time when the condition gets so bad.  By then it will be too late to do anything about it. What a waste of life all that practising and money spent on tips and tricks it would turn out to be.

People are already high risk without being involved in music. If you are involved, then you are potentially in BIG trouble. Headphones and buds multiply the risk factors, so inform yourselves.

I can hear sufferer's issues in their mp3's.....they won't, and statistically, neither will many in this high risk user group.

Take care of yourself, and others. Wink If you don't, you are aiding their hearing loss by not flagging up potential issues so they can get checked out professionally.

What does this have to do with mix-mastering? Everything, yeah?

[Image: mls-infographic.jpg?sfvrsn=94bceb43_5]
Going to attempt to be as constructive in my criticism as possible here, but this mix feels lifeless and flat. There's literally nothing of value in this mix that would make me want to be a listener of this artist. Isn't a huge part of the art of mixing to act as a conduit to help express the artist's musical ideas, by bringing out only the finest sonic qualities as you possibly can to compliment their work? Considering your previous snark-filled patronizing comments on others mixes, am I missing something here? Are you taking the p**s out of us? Please elaborate.