Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Good Wolf - Tourism (mix and master by BlueTigerMastering.com)
That's my version of this cute song track!
I don't like the bass track so much, artistic but not soundy!
And hihat is too harsh on my all speakers...

.mp3    Our Good Wolf - Tourism.mp3 --  (Download: 9.8 MB)

BlueTigerMastering studio gears:
Apple Mac M2 +
Softube Console 1 + Weiss/TubeTech plugz
TC Electronic Clarity metering system
Audiolab M-DAC and Cyrus pre and DAC
Dynaudio BM15A, Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS7 monitors
+ SVS subwoofer
Sony MDR-EX500 in-ear headphones
(12-04-2022, 08:40 PM)BlueTiger Wrote: That's my version of this cute song track!
I don't like the bass track so much, artistic but not soundy!
And hihat is too harsh on my all speakers...
Hello BlueTiger! I like this mix, the balance and the vocals. I do feel the guitar could use a bit of hi-pass so it don't masks the bass so much. Anyway a good listen. Cheers!
Thank you heinim, you are right: some difficulties matching gtz and bass... have a nice day

BlueTigerMastering studio gears:
Apple Mac M2 +
Softube Console 1 + Weiss/TubeTech plugz
TC Electronic Clarity metering system
Audiolab M-DAC and Cyrus pre and DAC
Dynaudio BM15A, Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS7 monitors
+ SVS subwoofer
Sony MDR-EX500 in-ear headphones
Hey bluetiger Smile I like the dynamics in the vocals, kick also feels well equed but it has a tiny peaky highmid click for my own taste in my monitoring but i know that my headphones are tiny overly representative in mono around this area (i would like a tiny more bottom as well but thats mb just my own taste). Think the kick could hit a tint bit harder also to get some more attitude regarding the lowend of the kick. The hihat is a bit too sizzely for my own taste, mostly when the drummer goes on 6/6, i think i had like a boost of 15+db around 1khz and brought it down alot (but mine is maybe 2 low in the mix). What i really like about this mix is that it is delicate sort of in a clean way, and quite smooth sounding. Bass is well placed but feels shy. For me you could'v utalized the guitar more and brought it up alot since you got such a good tone in it , well equed and distorted, that must'v been pretty low bass boosting on it right? The snare is containing nice lowend! Well done on this i think, a good mix.
I'm digging it. It's a very open, clean mix. Everything has its place. I agree that the bass feels a little underneath. To me, the vocal timbre doesn't quite match, like it's a little too high definition for how vibe-y the instruments are.
Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
Hi BlueTiger, nice overall mix. May be there is some spot where the bass should be a little bit more present. Anyway good job.
Hi.
Great work. To me feels that the vocals needs more de-esser. but besides of that i liked what i hear.
Cheers!