Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Good Wolf: 'Tourism'
nice song

.mp3    Tourism_session.mp3 --  (Download: 7 MB)

revised

.mp3    Tourism_session.mp3 --  (Download: 7.06 MB)

Hi!

Mix #1 is better than the revision in post #2 for me. Drums especially are much better in that version. Better tone, punch and definition of the kick and snare. It's a good mix.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(08-04-2022, 07:45 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Mix #1 is better than the revision in post #2 for me.  Drums especially are much better in that version.  Better tone, punch and definition of the kick and snare. It's a good mix.

Cheers!
Thanks Mike, the reason i went back was because i thought maybe the kick had too much knock, but i guess not. Then obviously when back in the project do more than needed!
I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. Both mixes are good. I feel that punchy drums work well with this track.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Started from the ground up on this as the project kept crashing

.mp3    Tourism_session.mp3 --  (Download: 6.68 MB)

.mp3    Tourism_session Loud.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

I do like this new revised mix.  There's a nice cohesion and natural sound with the drums that works with the guitars.  The backing vox seems to be struggling for space around the main vox, maybe some eq may help.  Also, listening with small monitors the upper mid frequencies fall away a bit.  I found a gentle broad +2dB lift @ 3kHz and a narrow -3dB notch @ 230Hz helped in this regard.  It would be better to address these frequencies in the mix as apposed to master bus processing.  Anyways, I hope this helps.

Dave
Not bad at all Smile i like the second better, tiny bit deeper.
(16-04-2022, 12:26 AM)Dangerous Wrote: I do like this new revised mix.  There's a nice cohesion and natural sound with the drums that works with the guitars.  The backing vox seems to be struggling for space around the main vox, maybe some eq may help.  Also, listening with small monitors the upper mid frequencies fall away a bit.  I found a gentle broad +2dB lift @ 3kHz and a narrow -3dB notch @ 230Hz helped in this regard.  It would be better to address these frequencies in the mix as apposed to master bus processing.  Anyways, I hope this helps.

Dave

(16-04-2022, 12:30 AM)crownoise Wrote: Not bad at all Smile i like the second better, tiny bit deeper.

Thanks for the feedback it helps, i made some small adjustments

.mp3    Tourism_session Revised.mp3 --  (Download: 6.75 MB)