Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Atrophyv2'
This one is more like a movie you listen too Smile

(I swear he turns into Chris Cornell during the breakdown)

Decided to make a 2nd version, A little more energy but kept the same style of effects Smile

.mp3    Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 12.49 MB)

.mp3    Atrophyv2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.21 MB)

Hi Brendan, I enjoyed the atmospheric effects you put into this track - it really suits those treatments. In general your balances seem quite good, and the drums are nice and punchy.

However, the biggest issue with the mix is that it just has too much low end. I would suggest turning down the bass guitar quite a lot. While that would clear up a lot of issues, it would also be worth looking into clearing out the low mids of the vocals a bit and getting them to have more presence in the mix.

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(17-12-2022, 02:13 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Brendan, I enjoyed the atmospheric effects you put into this track - it really suits those treatments.  In general your balances seem quite good, and the drums are nice and punchy.

However, the biggest issue with the mix is that it just has too much low end.  I would suggest turning down the bass guitar quite a lot.  While that would clear up a lot of issues, it would also be worth looking into clearing out the low mids of the vocals a bit and getting them to have more presence in the mix.

Nice work!
Thank you for the tips! I decided to revisit the song about a year later. I gave it more energy this time Smile