Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Out My Mix!
Mixed for a mixing class at MTSU.

.mp3    VasilarosLynch_Lab3 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Hi!

MTSU? Must be that time of year again.  Please do tell Professor Merchant that I said Hi Big Grin.

I've not mixed this myself yet, but yes I did actually check out your mix the other day. 

I quite enjoyed the listen and the overall feel.  I only noted a couple of things.  First is that I think you can maybe push the vocal forward and out front a little more - I feel it gets a little lost occasionally.  Not sure if it needs a bit of a vocal ride at points, or just a bit more level and a bit of eq to keep it on top?  I do like the slamming drums, they do somehow feel a little too stretched out wide perhaps though, perhaps a little disjointed?  Anyway that was about it I think critique wise! 

Not sure if you spotted it, but there is actually  link to the released mix at the top of the forum, it's under the 'About this multitrack' post that's worth checking out I think too.

Anyway, I hope you had fun mixing the track and best of luck with the rest of your studies.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!