Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix of "Promises and Lies"
Another fun one, so many roads... I hope you enjoy!

.mp3    Prom & Lies Final...mp3 --  (Download: 10.95 MB)

Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube
Hi!

Yes - I downloaded your mix the other day and I did really enjoy the listen. Your mix gels really well. Really like the intro too, it's really quite effective. Much better than my attempt thats for sure!

I might have to give it another go, as I hope I might have learned something since I did that mix, although one never knows... Big Grin.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thank you much! This is in my Old school wheelhouse, really enjoyed doing this one!!!!
I liked your mix, only things i'd change is pulling the vocals and drums back a hair. I can hear the drum compression, its a bit heavy. Otherwise a very solid and good sounding mix!
Yeah, I really caught that old school vibe with your mix. Great stuff.

Honestly I think my mix of this was more of one of those still very much learning and trying to figure things out sort of a mix. I was putting a lot of work in to trying to figure out how to try and mix these rock tracks - it's really hard to do. I suspect at that point I hadn't quite got the hang of leaving enough mix headroom, and was leaning on compression too much to try and get things to cut, rather than using the faders...

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
we're always learning.... I learn and hear something new every time i mix another one.....
Yeah for sure. I figure if we are properly working at it and always pushing and trying to move things forward, it probably stands to reason that older mixes I guess should be objectively worse than newer ones, but I find that's not always the case...  It's always fun listening back to older mixes. It's that moment of trepidation before hitting the play button - is it going to be awful... or will this be one of those rare occasions where I am pleasantly surprised and wonder how I managed it Big Grin.

Cheers!
Def the truth!!