Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortwave Radioband - Someday (Blackcapaudio mix)
Hey everyone!

Had a crack at this yesterday on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Was mostly done on a pair of Beats headphones as that's all I had but I did pop it on the monitors to polish it off today with a little vca rebalancing and some corrective eq I couldn't quite hear yesterday.

I did use some samples to blend with the kick and snare this time. The kick sample was for some midrange attack and the live snare would get weaker during the chorus, so I bolstered it with a sample that mostly focused on the fundamental to give it some consistency.

I found the guitar tone a challenge, I think because I had wanted it to feel like a wall of guitars when the chorus hits but actually the vocals and ride cymbal give it the lift I was looking for. Just me being a guitarist first my ear was drawn to a "guitar must go big" mentality.

Anyway, a great song and real fun to mix! Thanks!

V2: Just automated the verse guitars some to polish it up and add some dynamic interest

.mp3    Shortwave Radioband - Someday (Blackcapaudio mix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.36 MB)

.mp3    Shortwave Radioband - Someday (Blackcapaudio mix) V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.36 MB)