Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Good Wolf "Tourism" Mix
I like the vibe of the song very much, thanks for sharing.

.mp3    OurGoodWolf_Tourism.mp3 --  (Download: 9.96 MB)

.mp3    OurGoodWolf_Tourism2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.96 MB)

So I did an update of my mix, '_Tourism2' in order to get more focus on the feel of every single part and more excitement over the whole. Therefore a lot of automation were done on volume, eq, reverb, even the settings on the vocal compressor are different.

Cheers!
I listened to the second version, sounds like a good, clean mix, may be be a bit much of high end and sometime a bit distorted low end on my monitor (and untreated room) . Anyway I like it quite enough.
(15-04-2022, 11:08 AM)phil_basement Wrote: I listened to the second version, sounds like a good, clean mix, may be be a bit much of high end and sometime a bit distorted low end on my monitor (and untreated room) . Anyway I like it quite enough.
Thank you very much!
Hi!

Listening to mix Tourism2..

Overall a good cohesive mix!

Few Notes:

Maybe needs a slightly longer reverb tail on the vocal for my taste perhaps? I agree the mix is little on the bright side -possibly that 3-4k area. The vocal and guitars I think get a little edgy at times. I feel a little 400Hz boost might help warm it up a little too. I think you've got the same issues as I had on the vocals - there's a lot of vocal noise coming through in the break after the guitar solos where there's no vocals, and you can hear the click track too at times.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!
Great energy in the second version. i liked what i hear. To me the vox need a tiny bit of control on the "S's" and "T's", but nothing to worry about it.
Cheers!
(16-04-2022, 07:31 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Listening to mix Tourism2..

Overall a good cohesive mix!

Few Notes:

Maybe needs a slightly longer reverb tail on the vocal for my taste perhaps? I agree the mix is little on the bright side -possibly that 3-4k area.  The vocal and guitars I think get a little edgy at times.  I feel a little 400Hz boost might help warm it up a little too.  I think you've got the same issues as I had on the vocals - there's a lot of vocal noise coming through in the break after the guitar solos where there's no vocals, and you can hear the click track too at times.

Cheers!
Thank you very much for your comments!
(17-04-2022, 07:25 AM)Unknow Mixer Wrote: Hi!
Great energy in the second version. i liked what i hear. To me the vox need a tiny bit of control on the "S's" and "T's", but nothing to worry about it.
Cheers!
Hey, thanks a lot for checking it out. Glad you like it.
Hi! I listened to Tourism2. Very nice mix!
(19-04-2022, 10:24 AM)mike84 Wrote: Hi! I listened to Tourism2. Very nice mix!
Thank you very much!