Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Care - Blackcapaudio mix
Love love love this track - I play it all the time in the car now haha!

This was more of a concept mix for me than usual, the song makes me think of bands like Social Distortion and Bad Religion if they went super pop and the band name (Shortwave Radioband) is also cool and reminds me of listening to those bands on a crunchy old radio as a kid. So in mixing this I wanted to make it both pretty crunchy like the radio I used to listen to but also poppy with plenty of high end and a big snappy snare etc.

In keeping with this I also did things like put the first verse guitar through an IR taken from an old transistor radio as a cool effect, gave the bass track some grit, super present vocal etc.

Biggest problem I had on this one was pushing the final chorus backing vocals further back into the space of the mix but then also still have them be intelligible. Think it came out ok but all feedback is welcome!

Peace, love and mixing y'all!  Smile

UPDATE:

I revisited this one back in May and decided a few things needed to be reigned in (specifically the bass) but never uploaded it for some reason - so here's a second swing at it with some extra vocal fx and a tighter balance because why not. It's all pretty miniscule in the big picture but it's the kinds of things that make me happy haha Big Grin

.mp3    ShortWave Radioband - Don\'t Care Blackcapaudio mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)

.mp3    ShortWave Radio Don\'t Care V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.62 MB)