Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Kings And Queens v2!'
Enjoying learning the new setup Smile

Update v2 - Much more natural mix. Love this one Smile

.mp3    Kings and Queens Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

.mp3    Kings and QueensV2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.8 MB)

(18-03-2022, 11:23 PM)401kBC Wrote: Enjoying learning the new setup Smile
The mix is not too bad, but it needs improvement. The keys are more forward than in mine, but that's not worse or better, just different. The vocals are definitely recessed-- they should be a bit louder. The overall production is lacking low mids and low end. Just don't overuse subtractive EQ when taking out mud, and maybe boost more low end. I would also say it could use more dynamics, or less saturation. Just let the natural sound through a bit more. That's pretty much all my suggestions for now.
Hopefully I could help, and be sure to keep on mixing.
(09-04-2022, 11:33 PM)Universe Man Wrote:
(18-03-2022, 11:23 PM)401kBC Wrote: Enjoying learning the new setup Smile
The mix is not too bad, but it needs improvement. The keys are more forward than in mine, but that's not worse or better, just different. The vocals are definitely recessed-- they should be a bit louder. The overall production is lacking low mids and low end. Just don't overuse subtractive EQ when taking out mud, and maybe boost more low end. I would also say it could use more dynamics, or less saturation. Just let the natural sound through a bit more. That's pretty much all my suggestions for now.
Hopefully I could help, and be sure to keep on mixing.
Thank you the suggestions and helpful tips! I made a second version focusing on the naturalness much more Smile