Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saturn Syndicate - Never Leave The Night Alone [OoF]
Here's my mix for this song. 
Thanks to the band for providing the tracks. Been listening to lots of synth/retrowave an this is just what I was missing from this site!
However I tried not to delve too much into a retro, lo-fi(ish) kind of sound (while keeping that 80's vibe, ofc Big Grin ) but make it sound a bit cleaner and commercial. I hope you guys enjoy listening to my take. 

As usual, comments, thoughts and feelings about the mix are very welcome!

.mp3    SaturnSyndicate_NeverLeaveTheNightAlone_OoF.mp3 --  (Download: 10.59 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Cool mix , different take on this one and i like it, specially the "chorus" , nice utalization with the synths there.
Nice mix Octopus,
I really like the tone of mix.
The only note is for the vocal track is a bit shine.

p.s.
To my tase I prefer little more delay on voice and more sustain to the snare.
COX-Lab
email to : [email protected]
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Yeah, I tried to give the voice the texture of a commercial pop song, and those go incredibly shine. I don't know how they do it, but they go way more than here while somehow keeping a natural tone. I'm trying to figure that out, but I gues that involves stuff earlier in the chain. I tried to give it more mids to the voice a couple days after posting the mix and I found out it's almost impossible to bring it out without screwing up the mix.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hello Ocotpus.Your mix balance and stereo imaging are great.Vocal seems in different atmosphere (very deep and seperate from the mix elements).It is a bit wheezy .(high frequency area).Your stereo speretaion idea does not run here because your mix needs some glue.As I said Your mix is great.Loved it .Everbody hears different maybe you're right.
(20-03-2022, 08:14 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hello Ocotpus.Your mix balance and stereo imaging are great.Vocal seems in different atmosphere (very deep and seperate from the mix elements).It is a bit wheezy .(high frequency area).Your stereo speretaion idea does not run here because your mix needs some glue.As I said Your mix is great.Loved it .Everbody hears different maybe you're right.

Thx for the feedback!

I'm clumsily trying to do stuff so I'm hitting some walls and falling into some traps. It's important for others to point them out so yep, thx again Big Grin