Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blues Bastards - Sugar
This is my take on this lovely song 
I've taken it a bit further and done my first automation  Blush (hope it really helped the mix)
Let me know what you think  Smile

Cheers

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar.mp3 --  (Download: 7.9 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Hi!

Nice mix. I recall this one was quite challenging with lots of parts to fit together - and it's very atmospheric.

Only a couple of notes -

The guitar arpeggio at around 01:12 gets a bit lost, as does the guitar figure around the 1:53 mark. You could also maybe add just a touch more top end to the guitars to bring out a little more detail in the strings a bit more (but not too much!).

Good work.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thanks for listening and for your feedback, I'm really glad you liked it

Yes, I thought about the arpeggios to give them more attention in the mix (automation...maybe?)
Listening with another pair of fresh ears (I always listen twice before posting the mix, with about an hour break between mixing sessions), I think there are still lots of things to improve on this mix, and now I'm still not sure about the squeaky sounds on acoustic guitars when changing chords (they are a bit distracting, but also they add a bit of character), and yeah, I think the guitars need to be more detailed

Thanks again,
Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA