Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Have You Done To Me - Mix By Enrique Rueda
Following some of the tips that mikej gave me, I have made version 2. 
Actually there is a difference of 1 year between one and the other. The second is a partial remix of the first, although with a new mastering.
I hope you enjoy it

.mp3    What Have You Done To Me - Mix By Enrique Rueda.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

.mp3    What Have You Done To Me - Mix By Enrique Rueda v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

.mp3    What Have You Done To Me - Mix By Enrique Rueda v3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

Hi!

I saw the other day that you've been quite busy posting up a few mixes and getting involved posting up a few comments. I'd have thought by now that a few people might have been kind enough to have returned the favor and commented on your mixes.

I gave this a quick listen on iems so my critique might be a bit off...

Not a bad mix. Vocals are nicely up front.

Not sure if you are using saturation on the master bus or something as I am hearing that the mix sounds a bit kind of muddy / congested in the mids / low mids? Maybe the mix is just a touch low mid heavy? I'm feeling that you could try and get a bit more separation between the kick/vocal/snare in that area? (not sure if the vocal & snare need highpassing just a little more?)

You might also be able to get a touch more separation and add some upper mids to the overall frequency balance - by adding say a little 3k to the kick, 1.5 or 2.5k and 8k maybe to the guitars and a little 4k on the vocal? Could be just adding a touch of 4k and a bit of air on the mixbus would do the trick?

Could maybe push the guitars a touch more in the chorus too, especially the lead riff thing?

Just a few thoughts that came to mind of some things to try regarding adding a bit of extra polish.

Keep it up!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(18-03-2022, 10:27 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

I saw the other day that you've been quite busy posting up a few mixes and getting involved posting up a few comments.  I'd have thought by now that a few people might have been kind enough to have returned the favor and commented on your mixes.

I gave this a quick listen on iems so my critique might be a bit off...

Not a bad mix.  Vocals are nicely up front. 

Not sure if you are using saturation on the master bus or something as I am hearing that the mix sounds a bit kind of muddy / congested in the mids / low mids?  Maybe the mix is just a touch low mid heavy?  I'm feeling that you could try and get a bit more separation between the kick/vocal/snare in that area?  (not sure if the vocal & snare need highpassing just a little more?)

You might also be able to get a touch more separation and add some upper mids to the overall frequency balance - by adding say a little 3k to the kick, 1.5 or 2.5k and 8k maybe to the guitars and a little 4k on the vocal?  Could be just adding a touch of 4k and a bit of air on the mixbus would do the trick?

Could maybe push the guitars a touch more in the chorus too, especially the lead riff thing?

Just a few thoughts that came to mind of some things to try regarding adding a bit of extra polish.

Keep it up!

Cheers!
Hi Mikej!!
Thank you very much for your feedback. The truth is that not if you upload mixes, the natural thing is to get involved a little and comment on the work of other colleagues. Thank you very much for listening and responding.
I am going to analyze everything you have told me, however I must tell you that I am quite happy with the result of my mix, but obviously it has many things that can be polished.
You have told me interesting things that I will try to see if it improves, if so I will upload the revised mix again.
Cheers!!