Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil - Timeless Part 1 mix and master
Here is my mix and master of the song.

-Drums are sample replaced, and added a room emulator to give it more of a fat sound to them. Bonus points if you can guess what room I emulated. Smile
-Bass was a limiter, re-amp (Ampeg '57) and some low end to compensate.
-Guitars was three amps (once again...STL Howard Benson on all guitars except the lead...Audio Assault Grind Machine II)
-Strings and synth was simple EQ, limiter, and a stereo spacer, so it doesn't compete with any of the guitars and drums.
-Vocals was simple EQ, compression, limiter, reverb and delay to sweeten them up.

Hope you enjoy! I really have a lot of fun on MekaPhil's songs. Big Grin

.mp3    MekaPhil - Timeless Part 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.54 MB)

NICE! I really like this mix. The brightness is just as I would expect for this track, and the tones are very fun and punchy. The drums sound great as per usual and DANG! That lead tone O: I absolutely dig it to death! All the elements seem to blend really well!
The only thing I wish I could hear is a little more aggression on the compression and brightness of the vocals. With that one little tweak, I'd be absolutely impressed by the direction you took it in!

Thank you for your mix Big Grin
Thank you for the kind words!

I do hear that the vocals needed more compression...perhaps I didn't hit the limiter as hard as I should have. And I did brighten up the vocals, but what you hear in the bridge part is a 1930's mic emulator to give that section more punch to the solo section. That part isn't made to be bright, at least in my mix of it, as I wanted a contrast to the bridge part and the solo.

But I'm glad you like my attempt at the song! Like I said before, I have a lot of fun mixing your songs. Smile