Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix of All To End
Man, this was was a fun yet VERY challenging mix!
Not only was the tracks off time with one another, which was a pain in and of itself, this track just had challenges from the vocals to the bass and also the drums.
I think I did pretty good! The lead screaming vox, I took it and mangled them and made it sound HUGE and demonic! Tried to get a Slaughter To Prevail sound with those vocals.
If anyone wants to hear a snippet of those screaming vox isolated, let me know and I'll post that here too!  
Drums were a challenge but it is what it is I guess and I am glad I was able to get them to sound good! So that is a positive.
I did some time stretching and alignment on the lead solo with the sweeps to get it locked in time more and now it sits better without feeling like it is just a hair off.
Lastly, I did some SFX with Bass Drops, explosions, risers and sweeps to add some ear candy and interest in the track as well.
LMK what y'all think, I'd LOVE to get some feedback!

Thanks y'all!

.mp3    SkalyVan_AllToEnd_FullMix_LOUD.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

Hey man! nice effort here i think, i like the demonic idea on vox. I don't personally think the guitars need to be this highmiddy gritty but i see what you where going for. I often like mixes leaning a bit more to slammed then otherwise, atleast for this genre cuz many times that is what it takes to take it home. It was a really hard thing to get the dynamics right for this one. Not a bad mix but maybe tiny less slammed guitars to not let them overpower the drums? I do think the timing issues did throw our mixing abit on the side for this song, they should never come that of time.
Hey , Im going to have to agree with crownoise , at the moment the guitars are way too harsh and makes the entire song unenjoyable. Cheers!