Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House of Bedlam - Eventide [OoF]
I've been meaning to mix this song for a while, and finally I've been enjoying playing around with these tracks for the past couple days!
Thanks to the House Of Bedlam for providing the material. It's very well thought and produced, and really fun to mix. Please post more! Big Grin
I think the reference mix was very good so I took it as a... well, as a reference. I think the lyrics, the tone and the structure reflect very well the feelings behind the song, so I just tried to make it as solid and impatcful as I could. 
No samples were used while mixing it, and also no gating as recommended by the uploader. There's clipping and limiting at the top of the mix chain in order to take it to a point of loudness I was comfortable with.

I hope you enjoy the listening. As usual, all the comments, thoughts and feelings about the mix are very welcome!

.mp3    HouseOfBedlam_Eventide_Full_OoF.mp3 --  (Download: 11.67 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Excellent!!! Ya hit all the right spots!
Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube
(11-03-2022, 01:15 PM)HouseOfBedlam Wrote: Excellent!!! Ya hit all the right spots!

Glad you liked it!
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.