Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Saturn Syndicate - Never Leave The Night Alone
Hi!

My Mix.

Really enjoyed checking out their Youtube channel too.  Great stuff.

Cheers!

.mp3    Saturn Syndicate - Never Leave The Night Alone.mp3 --  (Download: 10.47 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Love how it opens up on the choruses, nice mix.
I would love the solo guitar just a tad higher (but that's just me Smile )
MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
(10-03-2022, 07:54 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Love how it opens up on the choruses, nice mix.
I would love the solo guitar just a tad higher (but that's just me Smile )

Hi!

Thanks for checking it out! Happy that you noticed the chorus thing.

I was in two minds about the guitar... I eventually decided it maybe worked better as more of an ear-candy type thing rather than being more of the main focus... but you might be right. Have you seen that Rick Beato video of the Christopher Cross solo at the end of Ride Like The Wind? Big Grin.

Edit: I should probably mention that the video was from a few months ago and is called The Greatest Guitar Solo You Can't Hear.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi Mike,
Nice Mix,
To my taste the snare was a bit presence in the middle tone..e just add a little bit of medium verb to have more the sustain.
In the chorus I prefer a delay calibrated with medium Reverb to the vocal track ( too short then your choice)
More forward the guitar track , some moving synth part.
Cheers!
COX-Lab
email to : [email protected]
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Hi!

Thanks for checking it out and sharing your thoughts - much appreciated!

I didn't actually do much to the snares apart from a little high pass and touch of 8k and a bit of plate reverb. I kind of liked the presence, as I'd made the bass and things quite present too and for this I do also like the drums to sound more like samples I suppose. I did initially set up a big 80's style gated reverb and tried a few other things too, but in the end I preferred the samples pretty much as they are (and on the shorter side too). I do think a bigger reverb on the snare (or increasing the snare reverb send) might work for the chorus though, as I didn't really change the drums in the chorus sections. There is actually a longer reverb on the vocal during the chorus which gives it a bit of a lift.

There is a delay on the vocal - it's sidechained to the vocal itself so you hear it more at the end of phrases (and perhaps on louder phrases too), without it getting in the way.

Cheers!