Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait - Dark Horses
Hope it turned out fine
Thanks

Edit (v1 R02): 08-Mar-2022
Small adjustments to the drums (the snare especially)

.mp3    The Long Wait - Dark Horses.mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

.mp3    The Long Wait - Dark Horses v1 R02.mp3 --  (Download: 9.19 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
This sounds nice. The vocals are very clear indeed; I like that.

If I was to be nit-picky, there's only one thing which stands out in this mix as being 'wrong' (to my ears). I find the snare drum is overpowering the rest of the overall instrumental balance.
It (sort of) gets in the way of the vocals and distracts from them. Lowering the snare level a bit would certainly be an improvement (in my humble opinion), Other than that, it's a pretty respectable mix. I hope this info helps Smile
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts
Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I think you are right.
I was so obsessed about the drum sound, the snare especially, that I've pushed that too far.
Will do re-check

Cheers
Listening to the second mix I feel like the instruments (melody guitars , rhythms , solo) could be much much louder in the mix because right now the vocal is pretty much sitting on its own "above" everything else, but at its core I think all this mix needs is a bit of rework to the balance and it will be golden. Cheers!
Hey latanielvss,

Thanks a lot for listening, and for your feedback.
I will definitely review this mix. and I'll keep in mind your suggestions

Cheers