Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Timeless (Part 1)v2.1'
Really fun song to mix. I took some time to focus on the master to make it move a little more Smile

Version 2.1 - Completely different mix, I went for a very natural sound this time Smile

.mp3    Timeless part 1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.67 MB)

.mp3    Timeless Part 1v2.1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.67 MB)

Hello! Thank you for your mix! I do have a couple points of critique for you and would be interested to hear you do another revision if you were interested!
Firstly, I like the guitar tones you chose. However, they feel... mono. Like they aren't adequately spread out. As a result it feels like there's a cluster dead center.

Something I love:
Your blend of vocals during the chorus! I also love the fx on the guitars during the bridge. The fx overall during the bridge are great!

If I were to tweak this overall, I'll say you can bring out a LOT more low end. 60hz to 200hz is really scooped here, whereas there's a TON of content at 300hz. The midrange is mostly good, but there's a TON of energy between 4khz and 16khz. I'm also fairly certain there's WAY more energy in the right channel than the left. There seems to maybe be some phasing or imaging problems going on?

I'd love to hear another take of this though! Thank you for your mix Big Grin
(13-04-2022, 10:11 PM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Hello! Thank you for your mix! I do have a couple points of critique for you and would be interested to hear you do another revision if you were interested!
Firstly, I like the guitar tones you chose. However, they feel... mono. Like they aren't adequately spread out. As a result it feels like there's a cluster dead center.

Something I love:
Your blend of vocals during the chorus! I also love the fx on the guitars during the bridge. The fx overall during the bridge are great!

If I were to tweak this overall, I'll say you can bring out a LOT more low end. 60hz to 200hz is really scooped here, whereas there's a TON of content at 300hz. The midrange is mostly good, but there's a TON of energy between 4khz and 16khz. I'm also fairly certain there's WAY more energy in the right channel than the left. There seems to maybe be some phasing or imaging problems going on?

I'd love to hear another take of this though! Thank you for your mix Big Grin
Lots of good feedback Smile I made a second version 2.1 much different