Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix & Master of Jack Hutcheson - The Psychopath - Impressive Sounds Studio
Here is my Mix and Master of the song: Jack Hutcheson: 'The Psychopath'

Please be so kind to leave a review about my work, whether good or bad; I do this for fun mostly so this helps me to continue improving! Smile

Note: All my mixes target -14LUFS with a True Peak of -1.5dB for streaming standards

.m4a    Cambridge feat. Jack Hutcheson - The Psychopath - Mix & Master by Daniel Boyd.m4a --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

(04-03-2022, 12:52 PM)Lynx_TWO Wrote: Here is my Mix and Master of the song: Jack Hutcheson: 'The Psychopath'

Please be so kind to leave a review about my work, whether good or bad; I do this for fun mostly so this helps me to continue improving! Smile

Note:  All my mixes target -14LUFS with a True Peak of -1.5dB for streaming standards
Hello,

Nice mix, I especially like your use of stereo and how it creates nice interplay between the solo guitar and the violin!

I would look into two areas though: the low-mid range feels very muddy and crowded, it feels the bass and the kick are fighting for space too much and neither of them is then very clear. Have a look into how to fit them better together frequency-wise. And I would suggest to lower volume of the clean guitars as they feel louder than the heavy parts, which sucked some energy out of the mix, at least for me anyway.

Good job though!

All the best
Stepan