Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skelpolu - Human Mistakes
Hi there, I wanted to share my mix with you guys, what do you think?

.mp3    Human Mistakes.mp3 --  (Download: 12.01 MB)

Hey there BlackSession,

I had a brief look at your mix, and it sounds pretty original when it's about the delays, I like it!
What strikes me a bit is the hi-hat. It seems a bit too loud. Since the Bass sounds a bit drowned,
I would decrease the volume on the hi-hat, and instead give the Bass some more, it'd be a pretty solid mix for sure!

There is not too much to be said about this track specifically as it is pretty well done, I like the sound of it. Smile
Cheers mate.
Hey thanks for a quick answear Smile
This time i've done what you said, lowered hat a bit and added some highs to the bass.
I must say that now I can hear the track kind of came to life!
What i accualy did, i transposed the bass line one octave higher on a separate track and distored the hell out of it Tongue
I also fiddled a bit with the snare.
Well hope you will like this wersion more Smile

.mp3    Human Mistakes2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.01 MB)

Hey BlackSession,
I like this mix a whole lot more, nice job! Smile
Though the kick is about 1 dB~ too loud and the snare a bit quiet in my opinion. The Cymbal also hits very hard - a bit too much, use a compressor and less volume, it will probably do good to the mix!
I really like the Bass in this one, though I think it might be too heavy on the Sub this time. I usually tend to think 'in DNB, there ain't too much bass!', but here you might want to get the rest in front a bit more.

My compliment mate, I really like the new tone this whole track gets! I like your style, I am looking forward to mixes to my future tracks - one will be up this month! Smile
Well thanks for the tips Smile
I must admi that I having a realy great time mixing your tune, hope next one will come up quickly Smile
What do yoy think now?

.mp3    Human mistakes3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.01 MB)

Hey BlackSession,
glad to hear it's fun to you - that's the whole point of mixing! Smile
Hmm, I can hear that it improved, though I would add a little low-shelf on the bass to add some sub, aisde from that the snare sounds a bit muddy and the rest a bit lifeless - probably due to much mid-EQing. You probably understand what I mean, I don't want to take away too much already - I am going by the old philosophy 'learning by doing', so go ahead and test some ideas on how to make it less "lifeless" - it sounds better in each mix, you adapt quickly!

/edit:
Maybe just turning down some highs on the bass and increasing the overall volume just a tad would be a better solution for the Bass most probably. Again, try it out yourself and tell us what the best way was for you. Smile

Cheers
(18-03-2014, 02:53 PM)Skelpolu Wrote: I am looking forward to mixes to my future tracks - one will be up this month! Smile

Ooh... looking forward to that... Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(18-03-2014, 06:16 PM)BlackSession Wrote: Well thanks for the tips Smile
I must admi that I having a realy great time mixing your tune, hope next one will come up quickly Smile
What do yoy think now?

OK. Really can't offer much in the way of suggestions for improvements because, quite frankly, I like this better than my own mix. Seriously. Smile I've love to have a copy of the 24-bit master of your final version of this! Big Grin

My only complaint is the amount of noise at the end, like some serious tape hiss; kinda distracts from that beautiful fading reverb you added at the end.
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
To be honest, all those things are only details of course. Sadly I am not in this forum for all to long yet, but people around me in reallife know that I am pretty hypercritical hahahaha!
In any case, it should be fine for now as it is certainly bearable to listen to - that is the whole point of mixing, after all.

(14-04-2014, 12:56 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote: Ooh... looking forward to that... Smile
( For anybody interested in future tracks: Two more tracks will be uploaded - one this month, one in the next. After that, I will finish with my first EP, and you know what that means~ )