Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones - Why Don't You Stay
Here's the revised version - I turned up the kick drum and used track spacer.  Also used Fabfilter's Q3 for the EQ instead of the one I usually use for metal vocals and used a de-esser on the vocals.  I like this one better for sure.

.m4a    Cambridge feat. Ronnie Jones - Why Dont You Stay - Mix & Master by Daniel Boyd.m4a --  (Download: 12.24 MB)

Hey,

First of all thanks for sharing your EQ, will try this tomorrow Smile
I think the voice is better now, and the balance is good. I would try to EQ the kick, give a bit of "smack" (just like in metal, but a bit "softer")
I also believe the voice is a bit over-compressed, so I would also relax it a bit (but this is just my preference)

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
(28-02-2022, 11:30 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hey,

First of all thanks for sharing your EQ, will try this tomorrow Smile
I think the voice is better now, and the balance is good. I would try to EQ the kick, give a bit of "smack" (just like in metal, but a bit "softer")
I also believe the voice is a bit over-compressed, so I would also relax it a bit (but this is just my preference)

Cheers
Thanks!  Yea I have the kick down around 50Hz range usually; maybe I'm cutting too many high frequencies on in.  I figured out if I use track spacer on the drums with the bass and kick separate it definitely helps it comes through.  I'm looking into maybe not EQing the kick drum so much in the future.