Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mix mix of "Some Day"
Thanks to the band for allowing us to learn by mixing their material. It's a cool song and I hope I gave it good go. Comments welcomed as always.

.mp3    ShortWaveRadioBand_SomeDay_Mix2_M-S_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.07 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
I like this mix Smile think the mastering is a bit of an issue though but nice tones. Maybe some more definition and highend in the vox could be benefitial also but not far of.
(21-02-2022, 09:46 PM)crownoise Wrote: I like this mix Smile think the mastering is a bit of an issue though but nice tones. Maybe some more definition and highend in the vox could be benefitial also but not far of.
Thanks for having a listen, crownoise. I've got another mix underway pointed right at the leadvox1 & 2 busses. Saturation is the tool I'm trying out there, and it seems to be a positive move. I'm also trying to get the bass guitar in a better place. a bit more present and consistent in the mix.

The alternative is attached here.

.mp3    ShortWaveRadioBand_SomeDay_Mix3_M-S_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.14 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.