Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Funny Valentines - Sleigh Ride - Domino's mix
Thanks to The Funny Valentines for the great tracks!

I did a fair bit of editing on the lead vocal, mostly adjusting gain to extend the oo & ou sustain or to reduce breath noise. I removed all the spill on this mike as I didn't want it hitting the vocal effects. There was a couple of cut and paste jobs to clean up little glitches.

There's not a lot of panning needed for this song, but I did flip the piano left / right with a width of 80% and used Calf Stereo Tools on the mono bass cab to get stereo at 80% width.

I used gates to reduce spill on some of the other mikes, and pretty much everything has some sort of eq and compression or limiting.

I used (abused?) multiband compression on the lead vocal to get the sultry tone I wanted.

Hopefully I've not gone too far with the processing, and the fun live feel of the original tracks still shines through!

.mp3    Funny Valentines - Sleigh Ride_r1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.02 MB)

Hi Domino,

it is sounding sweetly amazing. what a great mix. so good to listen.

its nice to listen to other people mixes and see how many different things can be done with the same song and both sounding great.

congrats
Sounds great to me!
I think you've done very well with the multiband on the vocal, it's sounding amazing (apart from the fact that she is flat more often than not Wink)
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here