Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silence Is Near - The Forthcoming Turn (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My try on this. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    Silence Is Near - The Forthcoming Turn.mp3 --  (Download: 14.51 MB)

(19-02-2022, 03:03 PM)heinim Wrote: My try on this. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!
Hi Hein,

Nice mix, I like how open it sounds. If I could have one comment, it would be that the kick is missing some high-end click. It's still audible for most part, but a nice click would make it a stand out better in my opinion Smile

Out of curiosity, did you use the printed guitars, or re-amped them from the DIs? Compared to yours mine seem really mid-rangey, I wonder if you managed to achieve this clear sound from the printed tracks?

Thanks!

Stepan
(30-05-2022, 05:43 PM)SZajicek Wrote:
(19-02-2022, 03:03 PM)heinim Wrote: My try on this. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!
Hi Hein,

Nice mix, I like how open it sounds. If I could have one comment, it would be that the kick is missing some high-end click. It's still audible for most part, but a nice click would make it a stand out better in my opinion Smile

Out of curiosity, did you use the printed guitars, or re-amped them from the DIs? Compared to yours mine seem really mid-rangey, I wonder if you managed to achieve this clear sound from the printed tracks?

Thanks!

Stepan
Hi SZajicek! Many thanks for the comments and yes, you are correct about the kick to get a more clicky sound. I did use an amp-simulator (JessieM-X100 free with an AC130 IR for cabinet) on the DI's, blended 50/50 with the printed guitars. Cheers!
(01-06-2022, 09:34 PM)heinim Wrote: Hi SZajicek! Many thanks for the comments and yes, you are correct about the kick to get a more clicky sound. I did use an amp-simulator (JessieM-X100 free with an AC130 IR for cabinet) on the DI's, blended 50/50 with the printed guitars. Cheers!

Hi, thanks so much for the feedback! Interesting idea to blend the original tone with a new one to compsate for its shortcomings, I like that!

Cheers
Stepan