Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moosmusic - Big Dummy Shake
(18-03-2014, 07:49 PM)flyrecords Wrote: sunding good. like the drums, nice separation.good job Pauli.

Thanks Sergio! I look to your mixes often as a guideline for what my separation should sound like!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(18-03-2014, 07:10 PM)lram87 Wrote: Could be, sometimes what I'll do if I'm having trouble getting them to play together is to pan one very slightly to right and the other just a tad to the left to give them room. But with out it being noticeable in the mix, it still sounding centered.

I haven't thought of that, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!
nice vocal, only if you could add a little extra "bite" to it, sounds a bit weak to me. maybe a narrow boost around 1k? very nice overall mix though
(06-05-2014, 11:20 PM)Chrispo Wrote: nice vocal, only if you could add a little extra "bite" to it, sounds a bit weak to me. maybe a narrow boost around 1k? very nice overall mix though

Hey, thanks for checking it out... I'd hit you back but it looks like you haven't posted any mixes yet.

I agree the vocal needs more bite... I think i mostly need to increase the attack time on the compressor. It sounds like it's kicking in too quickly and taking the edge out.
I like the mix, the seperation is good, it doesnt feel too much like many things are competing for a spot to sit in. Maybe a little dull, but reading the other posts and your replies it does look like a slight compression thing. But overall, its a really nice balance that doesnt make me reach for the EQ control. Busy downloading this one to have a crack at it as well.
"Anything too dumb to be spoken should be sung" Know your bones - aKing
Creative and powerful. I like the changes you introduced to build the song. Well executed.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]