Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flame Zhi Est
Hi, Everyone! Nice track! I hope i didn't mess it up)!

.mp3    BlackCrown_1 MasVer_2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.64 MB)

(11-02-2022, 06:03 PM)AlexChermen Wrote: Hi, Everyone! Nice track! I hope i didn't mess it up)!
Hello AlexChermen! Absolutely no mess up here. For me this is a good mix. There is one small thing that I noticed, the hi-hat sound a bit harsh and I don't know why, but it's maybe something related to the drums reverb. Anyway, not a big issue, so keep up the good work. Cheers!
Hello! Thank you for your feedback)!
Hi Alex!

Not a bad mix, but I would like to make some points. Some are objective while others could be just personal opinions.

1. Your mix is missing Mid range and it has this smiley eq curve, with the bass and high frequencies dominating. It's not subtle, and while listening it felt like someone was sucking the song out the speakers. I think this is coming from the guitars mostly, but I can also hear that your bass guitar and kick drum suffer from this effect. Try backing down your low end, and let your mid range guitars breath. Then the song is going to feel more wide and open and in your face. Thy comparing your mix with the original and listen to the differences.

2. The verses sounded strange. If I am mistaken correct me but I think you panned one guitar in the mid. I think that this choise really weakens the verses impact and groove. My understanding is that you wanted to shift the attention of the listener elsewhere, maybe to the rythm of the drums and the vocals. But to be honest it felt like again there was no life to the verses. I wanted to hear those guitars riffs.

To conclude, the main issue here is the frequency balance. I think this is the most important thing, as volume wise the mix is fine. Don't over eq the guitars, just try to cut the mud and give them some presence. Leave the bass and low end for your bass guitar and kick drum and add some snap to your kick with high end boosting.

I hope these points will help. Cheers!