Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShortWave RadioBand - Don't Care (bluetigermastering.com mix and master)
My mix and master.
Good track but as very often, drum take are not so good: kick/snare/cymbs separation is very bad...
Studios have to put some time to put pillows and screens between kick and snare... very easy... zero cost...

.mp3    Shortwave Radioband - Don\'t care.mp3 --  (Download: 6.22 MB)

BlueTigerMastering studio gears:
Apple Mac M2 +
Softube Console 1 + Weiss plugz
TC Electronic Clarity metering system
(previously TC Sytem 6000 + Konnekt X32)
Audiolab M-DAC and Cyrus pre and DAC
Dynaudio BM15A, Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS7 monitors
+ SVS subwoofer
Sony MDR-EX500 in-ear headphones
Hey BlueTiger!

Good work on the mix! I actually thought the drum recordings were pretty good for what comes around in here to be honest - maybe I’ve just come to like mic bleed haha!

Anyway, guitars sound excellent for the style - you could afford to push the solo up some more if you’d like so it becomes the focal point. Kick drum also needs some more attack it’s a bit pillowy and woofy. Scoop some of the lower mids out of there and boost a bit of 1-3k to get some smack on there. 

I like where your backing vocals live as well, there’s a lot of them and you did a good job managing them all. Good work!
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Regarding the guitar solo i don't like to push it in face, i listen specially to metal genre and solos are usually glued with other rythm guitar tracks...

Regarding the kick, frankly speaking, my first master version was 3 times more punchy but after a wide listening to many systems i decided to lower the kick a lot... body and attack... specially after stock jbl car stereo listening...

i usually listen on 8 systems: Mackie HR824 with sealed sub, Dynaudio BM15A with sealed sub, yamaha HS7, JBL car stereo, bluetooth mono full range speaker, mobile phone, cheap inear headphones, hiend inear cabled headphones.

BlueTigerMastering studio gears:
Apple Mac M2 +
Softube Console 1 + Weiss plugz
TC Electronic Clarity metering system
(previously TC Sytem 6000 + Konnekt X32)
Audiolab M-DAC and Cyrus pre and DAC
Dynaudio BM15A, Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS7 monitors
+ SVS subwoofer
Sony MDR-EX500 in-ear headphones