Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Dying Light'
This one is tough to mix! The tracks need a lot of attention.

.mp3    Dying Light.mp3 --  (Download: 8.68 MB)

Hi! it sounds really well balanced to me, I like the way you treated the guitars as in my opinion were the most tricky part. I only notice that the kick sometimes is really present (especially the peak in the high freq is really audible) and sometimes it is completely disappearing. Are you using some trigger/sample on top of it? Have you tried levelling it a bit more?
(26-02-2022, 10:14 AM)teste Wrote: Hi! it sounds really well balanced to me, I like the way you treated the guitars as in my opinion were the most tricky part. I only notice that the kick sometimes is really present (especially the peak in the high freq is really audible) and sometimes it is completely disappearing. Are you using some trigger/sample on top of it? Have you tried levelling it a bit more?
Thank you for the listen! Your totally right about the high missing sometimes. I noticed it while I was mixing and I wasn't sure if it was from the order I had going from a dynamic eq into compressor or what but I couldn't figure it out! If I remember right I don't think I used any samples but I could have. The problem was in the main Kick track anyways. Maybe I'll go back and correct it eventually