Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix of Error 404
Man, this one was a fun mix! I enjoyed this song for sure! The drums to me just hit hard and pop! Took a lot of massaging to get the just right. I will say I love how the bass and the guitars just blend and mesh so seamlessly! A great track that was recorded properly, helped lend to a great mix!
Any feedback would be fantastic also if you have any questions about my mix, ask away!

.mp3    TheBrightStarAlliance_Error404_MixFinal.mp3 --  (Download: 10.73 MB)

Honestly, this just needs a couple things. First off, it's REALLY dark. It feels like there's a blanket over 6khz.
For another, it's really lacking in energy below 60hz. It feels like a little bit of punch down there would go a long way.
And lastly, It's really aggressive in the upper midrange, which makes sense because it's so dark otherwise. From about 1khz to maybe 6khz, you could afford to shave a few db from everything to clean up those areas. It's just kind of harsh sounding.
The balances are good, but the instruments themselves are kinda... crunchy. This gives it an overall more mono feel, if that makes sense. Because it's so band limited, the upper range doesn't really get to shine while the midrange is really upfront.

It's a pretty good mix, but it could use some work to improve the overall depth.