Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm alright - Learning to mix
Hi. I'm learning to mix and practicing a lot. I've been working on this song for about 10 days and after about 80 versions (lol), I got this one that I think is starting to sound reasonable. If you can comment, I would be very grateful.
Please, just don't notice some details because I didn't do automation or editing. There are also no samples. The only thing I did was separate the rhythm guitar from the solo, on different tracks.

Update: New mixes V2, V3 and V4 attached. They are pretty much the same, just a bit differences.

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright - PHK mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright - PHK mix V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright - PHK mix V3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright - PHK mix V4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Hi!

To be honest its really nice! What is missing is the 'glue' so everything comes together and sound more like one thing. Some comp treatment on your drum buss, and on your whole song could one way to do it. When you compress your drum buss its sound like the whole thing comes together. Try it and see the results.

Also vocals sound a bit nasally and like they are on their own in the mix. Try cutting around 400 Hz, add some air 10,12kHz and compress them. You will see that they gonna come to life!

In general the mix sound a bit dark so you can add some high end to bring out some brightness.
(05-02-2022, 01:32 AM)MakisD Wrote: Hi!

To be honest its really nice! What is missing is the 'glue' so everything comes together and sound more like one thing. Some comp treatment on your drum buss, and on your whole song could one way to do it. When you compress your drum buss its sound like the whole thing comes together. Try it and see the results.

Also vocals sound a bit nasally and like they are on their own in the mix. Try cutting around 400 Hz, add some air 10,12kHz and compress them. You will see that they gonna come to life!

In general the mix sound a bit dark so you can add some high end to bring out some brightness.

Hi. Thanks for the tips, I will try in the next version. Cheers!
Hi. I'm still practicing and I've just remade my mix. I changed it a lot, it was very different and I liked it more.

I attached here the new versions, V2, V3 and V4 with a small differences between them. I am grateful if you comment. Thanks.