Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Error 404 Mix
Super heavy song!

Took a while to get the huge bass and guitars to sit well together without sounding overbearing. 

Used Flatline and Pro-L2 for mastering. 
Cheers! Big Grin

.mp3    Error 404 MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 10.72 MB)

Wow, this is... dare I say it, smashing! Nice work Smile
Great balance, really strong spectral footprint.
I have two ways that I'd clean it up.
1) You can get a LOT more loudness if you roll off a little bit of low end. You seem to have a LOT of energy below 100hz, which is fine but it could be a little... lessened. For the sake of less pumping in the mastering phase.
2) The cymbals are kind of harsh. That might be because they're a bit crushed and washy sounding.
3) Cut some 4k-5k from the whole track by maybe 1db and boost 6k to 15k by maybe 1db. You could have yourself a total winner. That little bit of harshness being removed and replaced with a little bit of air makes a huge difference at higher volumes.

I'd say those tiny little tweaks could bring the whole track into focus a wee bit and improve it that last 5%.
Otherwise, it's a REALLY good track. But for mastering, those are the tweaks I'd make Wink
wow dude agree with previous post, thats smashes in a ballsy way, sounds really good but tends to go more towards mixed/mastered sound then a musical one though. Gj though.
omg, that snare dude!!! really nice!
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer