Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eventide - Mix and Master
Haven't mixed much metal, but I think this turned out well.

Edit: Remastered it a bit

.mp3    Eventide.mp3 --  (Download: 11.93 MB)

.mp3    Eventide 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.13 MB)

Nothing bad bout that..
Suggestions would be to even out the volume/thickness between verses and chorus. The second vocal track (dbl) is to add body to not literal double , The kicks have so much bottom the drums are a little over riding things a wee bit. All this is just to my ears. I'm enjoying seeing how other people hear my music. Keep it up!
Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube
(31-01-2022, 02:01 PM)HouseOfBedlam Wrote: Nothing bad bout that..
Suggestions would be to even out the volume/thickness between verses and chorus. The second vocal track (dbl) is to add body to not literal double , The kicks have so much bottom the drums are a little over riding things a wee bit. All this is just to my ears. I'm enjoying seeing how other people hear my music. Keep it up!
Listening back, I may have gone a little overboard with the kick (or boosted bass too much in mastering), maybe cause I didn’t reference on a second monitor. I was going for a more vintage sound, which would generally mean more dynamics between sections, at least in my mind. I did have some issues with vocal level that may have been fixed if I hadn’t doubled the vocal, but I like how it turned out anyway.
Thanks for replying and posting your track!
(31-01-2022, 02:01 PM)HouseOfBedlam Wrote: Nothing bad bout that..
All right, I made a slight remaster. I think it fixes a couple of the problems with the first.
I like it... Keep it up, keep refining!
Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube