Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Souls Moon mp3 (new mix 30/08)
Hi, waiting for your feedback.

thanks!

.mp3    All Souls Moon tk5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

Less Is More
Once my ears got used to the compression and wierd eq it was a good mix....It sounds to me like u gave it a masteringbjob right after mixing with fatigued ears...i woukd go back and remaster with fresh ears
Hi, thanks for the feedback!

do u mean vox eq?

i made some changes .

Less Is More
The new mix is much more pleasant and full sounding. Still a little something funny with the hi eq on guitar possibly a boxy reverb. Kick was a bit in your face for my taste...could be a matter of blending the bass with kick a bit more. I don't know if you mix through a buss compressor but for a song like this it helps bring things together in the same space which might help with parts sticking out or being a bit to quiet at points where there are fewer instruments. I really like what you've done on the second mix.
Hanibal, thank u for the feedback..

here we go again, take 3 , with buss comp. fixed de bass / kick .
and i like the fx on the guitar , delay + reverb to give some ambiance.

so, tell me... Smile
thanx

Less Is More
Hey Stolarski,

I've listened to the latest version of your mix. It's very direct and in your face. No problem with that if its a choice.
The acc gtr sounds a bit boxy. Try to cut at around 200 hz. I assume you have high pass filters on every track except kick and bass gtr ?
I would lower the volume of the acc gtr a bit making more room for the vocal. Not much, just a hair.
Later on in the mix i hear the bass solo but the backing vocals are very weak so have a look at the balance at that point.

Good luck and,
Happy Mixing !

Jan
Gear: Cubase 7.5, Motu 828 mk3, Alesis M1A mk2, Beyerdynamic DT990Pro
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback!

check out the take 4 .

Smile

.mp3    All Souls Moon tk 4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

Less Is More
Hey Stolarski,

Well done! You can hear the mix opening up. I can hear the frettl. bass and the backing vox.

Now, listen to the whole mix after couple of days and try to seek for improvements.

grtz,
Jan
Gear: Cubase 7.5, Motu 828 mk3, Alesis M1A mk2, Beyerdynamic DT990Pro
Hi Jan!

Thank you again!

Less Is More