Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo - Wizard Audio
Greetings!

Mixed in Pro Tools 10HD (Win 7/HD4/HP Z800) with the following:

Reverb: Lexicon MX300 (Synths), Alesis QuadraVerb (Vocal Verb), Alesis MidiVerb 4 (Guitar Verb/Chorus/Delay), Yamaha REV-500 (Orchestra), Yamaha SPX-90 (Pulsing verse Synth)
Delay: T.C. Electronic D-Two (Vocals), Digitech TSR-24s (Chorus vocals only - Stereo Spreader +5cents L,-12 cents R)
Compression: R-Comp (Waves - used throughout the session), Warm Audio 2 Bus Comp (Mix Bus Comp), STAM Audio SA-76 ADG (Vocals - Used A mode)
EQ: Pro Tools stock EQ-7, Puigtech EQ (Waves - used throughout the session)
Converters: Avid 192 (x2), Avid 96 (x2)
Speakers: Focal Solo 6BE
Controller: Avid C|24

I took some creative liberties, involving heavy-handed use of the mute button. I did not use any of the background vocal parts, except near the end of the song. I also opted not to use any of the acoustic drum tracks, including the tom pattern, as I felt the intimacy of the vocal would really shine with more rhythmic space. There were a few parts of the lead vocal that I felt were drifting a little too much in pitch at times, however, using a stereo pitch spread evened it out enough for my ears and I felt it should stay as is, from an emotive point of view. I utilized a fair bit of console automation, especially on the lead vocals and effects. Fantastic song and great vocal performance!

Cheers!
Glenn Kelton / Wizard Audio

.mp3    Echo - GK Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

*Protools, Avid C24 control surface, Waves, Plugin Alliance, Slate, Focal Solo 6BE, Universal Audio Apollo, RME Babyface. Outboard delays and reverbs: Lexicon, Yamaha, Digitech, T.C. Electronic
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Echo - Wizard Audio - by rattleshock - 28-01-2022, 07:44 AM
RE: Echo - Wizard Audio - by mikej - 08-02-2022, 11:02 PM
RE: Echo - Wizard Audio - by rattleshock - 09-02-2022, 07:58 PM