Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo tracks
I am setting up to practice live mixing.  I originally sough out this projectr because it has 60 tracks in it.  But as I load them into Reaper, I see many of them are strereo.  If I map this to my 64 channels of Dante, I quickly run out of channels in Dante.
Do any of you have any advice on tracks in here that are truly stereo vs just 2 channel tracks?

This looks like it could explode into about 100 channels, and well, I need to upgrade a lot on my Soundcraft to get another Dante card to even fit in there.
Ideas?
I suppose you could put a plugin on the track that has right and left polarity buttons flip one side and put it in mono to see if it cancels out. It's a bit time consuming I suppose. I'm not familiar with Reaper nor Dante so I don't know how you would go about it. Oh or try some type of correlation meter, if you have one. If it reads +1 it's mono (or dual mono, same thing just 6db louder.).
Interesting.

Couple of additional thoughts that may or may not help, as I'm not familiar with the multitrack for this one:

- Can you create your own comps/sub-mixes using folder tracks within Reaper?
- Just use your own judgement as to which tracks actually need to be kept stereo, and just bin one channel of the others?

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/...-lord-alge

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!

How did you get on? Will you return to make a 2nd post to give us an update?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!