Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Are The One
Decided to have another go at this one.

.mp3    You Are The One.mp3 --  (Download: 15.78 MB)

.mp3    You Are The One Final.mp3 --  (Download: 15.76 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
The acoustic is clouding the mix a bit if I get round to mixing this I will mute it out a lot.
It sounds like its hard to get it level. Doing that I will also let the piano be heard more .
I would also have that first guitar in the middle as there is hardly any vox in the track.
It sounds a bit odd panned to left the whole song I think
I really like your thoughts on this one, Alan. I'm going to post a revised version below with the guitar panning changed and automation added to the acoustic track bringing it down quite a bit for most of the song. I also upped the level of the piano a bit.
Here is an update implementing Alan's suggestions.

.mp3    You Are The One 2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.78 MB)

I think its from 220 that acoustic needs to go and the guitar is a bit load when in the middle.
Hi bmullen!

There's something wrong in your mix... The low frequencies (bass + kick) are panned around 70% to the left. It sounds almost like a phase issue, but it's not.

The mix is a little bit mud, probably due to your effort to eliminate the tape hiss. You can try to do some mastering to enhance the top end and bring some bright back to it.
This should be a little better

.mp3    You Are The One 3.mp3 --  (Download: 15.78 MB)

The drum and bass still coming from the left, specially the kick. Check your monitors or try to listen on headphones, compare to other mixes, so you can properly identify this issue. Check your pan settings and by-pass each effect or gear you have inserted into the tracks.

Suggestions, anyone?
The only thing I could find that could be causing the kick imbalance was the stereo overhead track. I now panned it a bit right to try to even things out a bit.

.mp3    You Are The One 4.mp3 --  (Download: 15.78 MB)

Pretty good sounding mix now.you can only polish a turd so much