Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DopplerShift_Atrophy_mix,mastered_by_Eric
Thanks!!

.mp3    DopplerShift_Atrophy_Mastered_0122_1938.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

Hi Eric, nice sounds! I really like your balances in the verses of the song. The drum sound is fat and punchy, and the vocals a very nice, clear and present - Probably the best sounding vocals I have heard so far!

The main issue with the track is that it "folds in" on itself when the chorus hits. All that lovely definition on the drums and bass just gets completely squashed and mushed together by the master buss processing, and so the low end loses all the punch that it had. I think there are a couple of issues causing it.

- Firstly, the mix has just a little too much sub bass happening in it - if you could maybe high pass the mix a bit more aggressively, all that energy in the subs wouldn't hit the processing so hard.
- Secondly, try easing up on level going into your master buss processing so that less gain reduction is happening in the chorus
- Finally, you could try using a 2 buss compressor that has a side-chain function, where you can filter out most of the low end from the compressor's detector circuit, so the low end doesn't trigger as much gain reduction.

The other thing that I think could be improved is the chorus guitar sound - it is really fizzy and over-saturated - it almost sounds "buzzing-bee" like. I would suggest using less saturation, as the guitars are already distorted, and when that really fizzy high end of the guitars combines with the crash cymbal that is being ridden all during the chorus, it gets quite fatiguing to listen to.

Cool mix!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases